K9 ALIGN, INC. PRIVACY STATEMENT
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
By using the Service, you acknowledge you have read the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you do not want your information handled as described in this Privacy Statement, please do not provide us with your information or interact with the Service.
We may modify this Privacy Statement at any time. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of notice on the Service prior to the change becoming effective. You can determine when this Privacy Statement was last revised by referring to the "Effective Date” above.
This Privacy Statement is organized as follows:
- Types of Information We Collect
- How K9 Align Collects Information
- How K9 Align Uses Information
- When and Why K9 Align Discloses Personal Information
- Security of Personal Information
- Your Rights Regarding Personal Information
- Your Choices
- Social Community Areas
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties
- Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
- Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
- Children’s Privacy
- Contact Us
- California Privacy Rights and Other Countries
1. Types of Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information from and about you:
- Identifiers: such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social networking website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you are able to receive communications.
- Demographic information: such as your age, birthdate, and gender.
- Commercial information: such as information that enables us to determine lifestyle, interests, and activities, including purchasing tendencies and order history; areas of interest; information collected through your interactions with social networks; and information about friends who refer you or whom you have referred.
- Location information: such as information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood, and, if you agree, more specific location information that is provided through the GPS functionality on mobile devices used to access the Service.
- Financial information: such as information collected from you as needed to process payments for K9 Align products that you buy, or as provided by you to administer your participation in optional services and programs, such as your payment card number, expiration date, and card verification number.
- Internet and network activity information: such as information about your browsing behavior, search history, and interactions with websites and advertisements, including data from cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons.
- Inferences regarding preferences and other characteristics: such as our assessment of the types of products you may have an interest in.
2. How K9 Align Collects Information
We may collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- From you: We collect information that you submit to us. For example, when you use the Service; make a purchase; register to receive information or products available through the Service; or interact with us in other ways. We will collect any information you voluntarily provide, and we may also request optional information to support your use of the Service. We also collect any information that you voluntarily enter into any postings, comments, or forums within the Service. If you send an e-mail to us, we will collect your e-mail address and the full content of your e-mail, including attached files and other information you choose to provide to us.
- Location information: We may collect different types of information about your location, including general information, such as the city, state, and/or zip code associated with your IP Address, and, if you agree, more specific location information that is provided through the GPS functionality on mobile devices used to access the Service. We may use such location information to customize the Service, including advertising that is presented to you. In order to do this, your location information may be passed along to our affiliates, agents, vendors or advertisers. You may be able to disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example, by disabling “Location” services for the K9 Align application in iOS privacy settings.
3. How K9 Align Uses Information
We may use information collected as described in this Privacy Statement to:
- Operate, maintain, and improve the Service and other programs, features, and functionality related to the Service;
- Provide you with interest-based ads, push notifications, communications, and offers for products and services from us and our business partners, including based on your precise geolocation;
- Facilitate and fulfill orders – for example, for K9 Align products, including tracking redemption;
- Process and confirm bookings with our partners;
- Process your payments;
- Evaluate your eligibility for certain types of offers, products, or services that may be of interest to you, and analyze advertising effectiveness;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about K9 Align and our business partners, sometimes by combining your information with information we obtain from other sources;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information, including on behalf of our business partners;
- Administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our business partners;
- Verify your requests made pursuant to this Privacy Statement; and
- Enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and determine your interests.
We also may use information collected as described in this Privacy Statement with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
K9 Align uses your geolocation, including your precise geolocation, consistent with this Privacy Statement as described in Section 2 above to deliver location-based offers, products or services that may be of interest to you.
If you make purchases without creating a password, we link these purchases to your email address and create a secure account in our system. If you create a password at a later date, you will be able to view past purchases made with that email address.
If you use any features on the Service to send information about a product or service to another person, we will also collect the personal information of that other person to the extent disclosed by you and may contact them using the information you provided us.
4. When and Why K9 Align Discloses Information
We may share your personal information as follows:
- as required to comply with the law or legal obligations, such as to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate;
- with our vendors who perform a variety of services and functions for us, such as data storage, order fulfillment, transmitting emails, and managing digital content. We may share your information with such vendors subject to confidentiality obligations consistent with this Privacy Statement and on the condition that the service providers use your information only on our behalf and pursuant to our instructions;
- in the event we go through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, bankruptcy, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of our assets (as described below in Section 10);
- to combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights, users, and business partners, or as part of legal proceedings affecting K9 Align;
- with our affiliates and subsidiaries who may only use the personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement;
- if the information has been aggregated, de-identified, or otherwise does not identify you personally; and
- otherwise with your consent.
We may disclose the following categories of personal information for our own business and operational purposes:
- Commercial information;
- Location information;
- Financial information;
- Internet and network activity information; and
- Inferences regarding preferences or characteristics.
We may disclose certain personal information in exchange for services, insights, or other valuable consideration. These disclosures may involve:
- Commercial information;
- Location information;
- Financial information (not including payment card numbers);
- Internet and network activity information; and
- Inferences regarding preferences or characteristics.
5. Security of Personal Information
K9 Align has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical, and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard personal information. For example, we use industry-standard encryption technology to secure financial account information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at Contact@K9 Align.com.
6. Your Rights Regarding Personal Information
You have certain rights with regard to your personal information:
- You have the right to know and request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you within the last 12 months, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information. You also have the right to know if we have sold or disclosed your personal information for business purposes.
- You have the right to update your personal information.
- You have the right to request a portable copy of your personal information.
- You have the right to request that K9 Align delete your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions allowed under applicable law.
- You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the above-listed rights. We may, however, provide a different level of service or charge a different rate reasonably relating to the value of your personal information.
You may exercise these rights by sending an email to Contact@K9 Align.com. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests.
In addition to the above rights, you can update or remove financial account information. You can also deactivate your K9 Align account.
7. Your Choices
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and what you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to K9 Align, and you can limit the communications that K9 Align sends to you. In particular:
- Commercial E-mails: You may choose not to receive commercial e-mails from us by following the instructions contained in any of the commercial e-mails we send or by logging into your account and adjusting your e-mail preferences. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial email messages, we may still e-mail you non-commercial e-mails related to your account and your transactions on the Service. You may update your subscription preferences at any time.
- Cookies and Other Technologies: You may manage how your browser handles cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain ad-service companies and K9 Align-served ads online by using the National Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) About Ads Opt-Out Tool. For more information review our Cookies Policy.
Currently, we do not alter our data collection and use practices in response to Do Not Track signals.
- Device Data: You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share certain device data with K9 Align, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to the instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
When you first visit or use the Service we may request permission to collect and use your device’s precise geolocation. You can opt not to permit the collection of this information, or permit it only when using the mobile app, but it may limit certain functions or features of the Service. You can control how and whether we collect your precise geolocation information through your device’s settings.
- E-mails from Business Partners: If you wish to opt-out of receiving offers directly from our business partners, you can follow the opt-out instructions in the emails they send you.
8. Social Community Areas
The Service may be accessible through or contain connections to areas where you may be able to publicly post information, communicate with others such as discussion boards or blogs, review products and merchants, and submit media content. All the information you post may be accessible to anyone with Internet access, and any personal information you include in your posting may be read, collected, and used by others. We recommend that you do not post any personal information in the social community areas.
9. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information by K9 Align through your interaction with the Service. Other websites that may be accessible through links from the Service and our co-branded websites may have their own privacy statements and personal information collection, use, and disclosure practices. Our business partners may also have their own privacy statements. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by these other parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of a sponsored offer or promotion.
10. Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
K9 Align reserves the right to disclose, transfer, or license any and all information related to the Service, including personal information:
- to a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Service or any portion or operation related to part of Service; or
- in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets, or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
11. Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
This Service is intended only for users in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.By using the Service or giving us your personal information, you are directly transferring your personal information to us in the United States. You agree and consent to our collection, transfer, and processing of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. You are solely responsible for compliance with any data protection or privacy obligations in your jurisdiction when you use the Service or provide us with personal information. Regardless of where we transfer your information, we still protect your information in the manner described in this Privacy Statement.
12. Children’s Privacy
The Service is a general audience site not directed at children under the age of 16.
By using K9 Align, you represent that you are at least eighteen years old and understand that you must be at least eighteen years old in order to create an account and purchase the goods or services advertised through the Service.
13. Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement. You can reach us online at privacy@K9 Align.com. You can reach us via postal mail at the following address:
K9 Align Inc.
Attention: Privacy Office
1621 Alton Parkway, Suite 250
Irvine, CA 92606
14. California Privacy Rights and Other Countries
If you reside in Canada, you may have the right to be provided with access to personal information that we have collected about you and written information about our policies and practices with respect to the transfer of your personal information to vendors outside Canada. E-mail us at Contact@K9 Align.com with questions.
K9 Align utilizes various valid data transfer mechanisms for personal information at its sole discretion in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We will continue to monitor and assess the appropriateness of other valid data transfer mechanisms as they become available.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request, once a year, if we have shared their personal information with other companies for those companies’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by K9 Align, please contact us at Contact@K9 Align.com or the address stated above. Please include “Shine the Light Request” in your correspondence. Please allow 30 days for a response.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to Contact@K9 Align.com. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.